8032 Zurich, Switzerland
phone: +33 6 30 70 14 70
- Since Oct 2006 :
Tech Lead Manager.
Business Objects, Levallois-Perret (2000 persons).
Manager of the Release Management Tools team.
- Conversion of a multi site ClearCase environment to Perforce (800 users,
8 millions lines of source code).
- Redesign of the integration tools (10 times performance improvement).
- Incremental software distribution (50 GB/day to 25 worldwide sites).
Vision IQ, Boulogne (France).
Vision IQ (60 persons) is a software company specialized in computer vision,
selling the Poseidon drowning detection system and digital image
Chief Software Architect and Chief Information Officer.
- Definition et implementation of a software quality policy.
- Creation of an Integration team.
- Creation of an intranet and of a problem tracking system.
- Definition and development of a computer security policy.
MandrakeSoft, Paris (France).
MandrakeSoft (150 persons) is the publisher of the Linux-Mandrake
operating system, number 1 in France and one of the 3 major Linux
Chief Technical Officer, manager of the Research and Development
department (50 persons).
- Planning and production of the Linux-Mandrake operating
system and of derived products
(Mandrake Corporate Server, MandrakeSecurity Firewall).
- Definition and supervision of the software developments
(security software, system administration tools...)
and of the documentation.
- Creation of a Quality Assurance team.
- Management of the Information System infrastructure: databases
on the intranet, web servers...
- 1995-1999: General Electric Medical Systems, Buc (France).
Project manager for the development of medical imaging applications.
- Functional analysis of MR and CT images on Sun and SGI workstations.
- Creation of research modules in collaboration with research large
hospitals (Pitié-Salpêtrière, CHU Caen, New Jersey Neuroscience
- Creation of a new configuration management system.
- Development in C, C++, X Windows, Motif.
Chorus Systems, St Quentin en Yvelines (France).
Chorus Systems (70 persons) is the publisher of the realtime ChorusOS
- Consultant for projects made in collaboration with
external companies (Matra, Alcatel...).
- Project manager. Design and development of the Chorus
micro-kernel (in C++). Adaptation to shared-memory multiprocessors.
- 1981-1990: Alsys,
La Celle St Cloud (France).
Alsys (70 persons) is a publisher of programming environments,
specialist of the Ada language.
- Manager of the team developing realtime executives
for cross compilers targeted to Motorola 680x0 and
- Design and development of code generators and
realtime executives for Motorola 680x0, Intel 80x86 and IBM 370.
18 months detachment in Alsys LTD (Henley on Thames, UK).
Development in Ada on Unix, VMS, DPS7, MSDOS.
- Member of the
Ada language design team
and of standardisation groups. Coauthor of the Ada language reference manual.
Service d'Aéronomie du CNRS, Verrières le Buisson (France).
Study of turbulence in the upper layers of the atmosphere using
an anemometer attached to a stratospheric balloon. Development in Fortran.
Languages and Status
- French native language.
- Fluent English.
- Married, 4 children.
Design and implementation of several data compression programs, in particular
compression code used in several hundred million
copies (in Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, Winzip, Netscape, Apache,
Java...). Coauthor of a reference book on data compression:
The Data Compression Book.
Security audit for a large company with
Hervé Schauer Consultants.
Coauthor of a
paper on the galactic distribution of pulsars.
Go player, member of the board of the French Go Federation.
This resume in
or RTF format.
Ce CV en français.